UKCF Sponsored Links
Navigation
TESTING 123
Support UKCF
If You Like This Website, And Would Like To Give Something In Return, You Can Make A Donation. Your Donation Will Be Used To Pay For Hosting Service, Domain, And Maintenance Costs Only!

$

Select Your Donation Amount And Then Press The Donate Button.

Go Back   Forums > Listing of UK Fisheries > South West
Register Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2009, 03:51 PM
Administrator

UKCF is on a distinguished road
Default St Tinney's Farm, Otterham, Cornwall

Address - St Tinney Farm Holidays, Otterham, Cornwall, PL32 9TA
Tel: 01840 261274
Email: info@st-tinney.co.uk
Ticket Prices - £15 per rod, per person (7 day licence)
Stock - Mixed Course including Carp, Tench, Perch, Roach, Rudd and Goldfish.

Fishing in our four coarse fishing lakes is available for all our visitors, at a small weekly charge* of £15, per rod, per person, per week or part week. Two lakes are stocked with a mixture of rudd, chubb, perch, tench, roach and carp, with many into double figures. The other two, nearest to the accommodation and camping areas, are devoted entirely to tench and carp.

Our waters are not subject to a close season and therefore can be fished all year round. Children under 14 will not be permitted to fish unless they are accompanied by a responsible adult at all times. During the 2005 and 2006 seasons, people regularly caught catches of 100 lbs, during a day session.

Kingfisher Lake Approximately 100 metres from the accommodation and camping areas, and is reached by an earth and shale pathway, although you can park a car within 20 metres. It is devoted entirely to tench and carp.

Moorhen Lake Approximately 200 metres from the accommodation and camping areas, and is reached by an earth and shale pathway. It is devoted entirely to tench and carp.

Mallard Lake Approximately 500 metres from the accommodation and camping areas, although a car can be parked about 30 metres from it by driving down an earth and shale track. It is well stocked with a variety of coarse fish.

Swallow Lake Approximately 1000 metres from the accommodation and camping areas, although a car can be parked about 500 metres from it by driving down an earth and shale track. It is well stocked with a variety of coarse fish.

Tuition

Expert coarse fishing tuition is available for a small fee during the main holiday periods (Christmas, Easter and Summer).

*Please note: The St. Tinney Farm Fishing Licenses are only sold on a seven day basis, so you must pay the full seven day price, even if you want to fish for less days! Even our seven day Licence is still much cheaper than a days fishing at many Day Ticket fisheries!!

View Larger Map
All the information provided on UKCF is correct to the best of our knowledge. If there are any errors, please let us know and we will correct them. Also, if you own or know of a fishery that we have not listed, get in touch.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:55 PM
Administrator

dave u has disabled reputation

There are four lakes at St Tinney’s, two of which are exclusively devoted to Carp and Tench, with the others offering mixed course fishing. I spent a week’s holiday there in August 2007, and myself and my brother in law fished the third lake, known as ‘Mallard’ or ‘Middle Pond’. I hadn’t fished for ten years or so, and was never the most successful angler even when I was fishing regularly. My brother in law Ian fishes fairly regularly, but wouldn’t describe himself as an expert. Yet we fished that pond three times, and altogether must have landed close to 200 fish between us.

Ian float fished the whole time, whereas I switched between the float and ledger, and also had a go fishing off the top. We used all kinds of baits, including luncheon meat, sweetcorn, catmeat, bread and halibut paste. We caught fish on all of them, they really weren’t fussy. I had my best results on bread, whereas Ian was prolific with the halibut paste, the fish went crazy for that, although they really were happy to take whatever was presented to them. The fish were so easy to catch that Ian even managed to snare a small roach with a bare hook when he was testing the weight on his float!

That small roach was a rare sight however, as 90% of the fish we caught were carp, and none of them were under half a pound. The biggest was a 6 pound fish that succumbed to my floating breadflake. That proved to be a successful tactic that I stumbled upon almost by accident. We just threw a few pieces of bread in to see what happened, and then watched as the lake came alive with carp and big goldfish fighting eachother to swallow up the floating pieces of bread.

Ian had earlier landed a large goldfish with float fished halibut paste just off the bottom, but they proved too smart for me. They took my bait a few times, but not the hook, whilst on other occasions they came to the surface and had a look before turning their nose up at the bait. Luckily the carp were not as cautious, and I even managed to tempt a skimmer into taking some bread off the surface.

I don’t know if the other lakes were as lively, as we stuck to ‘Middle Pond’ as it was providing us with such great action. Other anglers I spoke to however seemed to be very happy with the fishing on offer. We did speak to a fella on ‘Middle Pond’ who had landed a dozen double figure carp in a little under three hours using dog biscuits on the surface. We saw one of those fish for ourselves, a nice big fat 14lb Mirror.

I don’t know if St Tinney’s fishes like this all the time, but I plan on trying to find out in the future, that’s for sure!

Tags
cornwall, otterham, st tinneys farm