View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 01:11 PM

It was THIS big is on a distinguished road

I live in Milton Keynes at the moment, moving down just inside the NW corner of the M25in a month or so.

I have just come back from Greenbanks, still a very good boutique hotel. The lake is a bit too full of lilies at the moment, but that gives it plenty of fishy habitat.

Weather was bad as everywhere else, but caught some cracking fish, carp were beautiful specimens, not in size, but perfectly formed, the biggest I had was about 9lb, but the roach, rudd and perch were fantastic. Perch around the 2.5lb mark, plenty of roach over 1lb, some pushing 2lb, rudd up to about 1lb. I have some pictures if you are interested.

They do take non-residents, but not many and it would be advisable to phone up first, there are a very limited number of swims and if a couple of families are fishing there, it might be tight.

They have common and ghost carp up to 20lb, plus some exotics. Perch have recently been caught at 3lb plus and roach the same, rudd they say up to 9oz, but I caught bigger than that. There are some elusive tench in there, best I had was about 2lb, but there are bigger. They are all in pristine condition.

It's a good place to base yourself, there are a number of quality commercials within 20 minute drive if you want something different, but it is not a cheap place if you are on a budget. Norwich and the Broads are only half an hour away if you want a break from fishing.

Our room had a lobby with a fridge and microwave where you could store your gear, as well as a loft room that would suit as a second bedroom. They also have self-catering family suites that could accommodate 8 overlooking the lake. These are very high spec and all mod cons.

The good thing is that Alex, one of the owners, is a keen fisherman and therefore will always try and provide any advice of help you need, he is also an excellent chef and therefore doesn't get as much time on the bank as he would like.