View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 02:10 PM
Administrator

dave u has disabled reputation

Spent a day here last week (Jul 2011) and blanked. Didn't have a single bite all day, despite trying all different kinds of baits and tactics. The weather wasn't good, it was overcast and very cold for this time of year, and it didn't seem like anyone was catching.

There were a couple of lily beds out in front of me, and an overhanging tree to my left. I baited up around the lily's and fished a bomb using sweetcorn to start, and also trying pellets, boilies and meat throughout the day.

The bailiff suggested baiting up and fishing the margins by the tree, which I'd already been doing, and he also said that if you want to bag any of the big carp then you really need to be doing long overnight sessions as it's that kind of water.

There were several big fish sticking their heads out over the top of the far bank of lily's, but it was impossible to fish there, which is probably why so many fish were hanging about there.

The River is meant to be fishing well, and in hindsight I wish I'd given that a go instead of sitting there freezing all day.