Go Back   Forums > Blogs
Register Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old

Lakeside, Pocklington, East Yorkshire (July 10)

Posted 07-30-2010 at 12:27 PM by dave u

This is a lovely place to fish. Very picturesque lake, extremely well kept pegs with plenty of room and soft ground to get umbrella's, bank sticks etc in, and some big fish to target.

I fished here one evening whilst on a camping holiday in Pocklington. We got there just after 4 o'clock, meaning we only had to pay a fiver. It was raining, and I broke my rod rest whilst setting up. Things got worse when I made my first cast and the end section of my rod snapped in two! It had...
Administrator
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 48894 Comments 0 dave u is offline Edit Tags
Old

Mescar Lakes, Lydiate, Jun 10

Posted 07-24-2010 at 10:02 PM by dave u
Updated 07-24-2010 at 10:04 PM by dave u

Fished here for the first time in June. I'd heard good things about Mescar, and was looking forward to giving it a try. It was a sunny day, which at least provided some crumb of comfort as the fishing was dead. No-one around the lake seemed to be catching, east of all me. I sat there for three hours before getting my first bite, which turned out to be a small roach. I had been using corn, but there was nothing happening with that so I switched to meat.

It had been a long slog,...
Administrator
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 49809 Comments 0 dave u is offline Edit Tags
Old

Hall Lane Fishery, Nr Ormskirk, Sept 09

Posted 10-08-2009 at 10:44 AM by dave u
Updated 07-24-2010 at 10:04 PM by dave u

A chat with the local tackle shop owner persuaded me to give this new venue a try. Apparently the lake had been dug out and stocked two or three years ago, but the owner hadn't let anyone fish it until September 09.

The tackle shop owner told me that a fella had been in his shop and reckoned he'd had over forty tench here on his first visit, and everyone who had fished there had good reports.

So with a bag of groundbait and two pints of maggots in hand, I set off...
Administrator
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 47749 Comments 0 dave u is offline Edit Tags
Old

Sephton Farm, Burscough, Jul 09

Posted 09-25-2009 at 11:00 PM by dave u

I went back to Sephton Farm the following week, this time to fish the big lake. I got there around 3pm, just in time to see the the fella in the next swim land a decent Mirror of around 5lb. As I was setting up, he pulled in another, this time a lovely Ghostie that looked around 7 or 8 pound.

I opted to fish the waggler using corn, and didn't do too badly, although all I could catch were skimmers. I'd set my heart on landing a carp, as I hadn't caught one in over a year. So I...
Administrator
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 26014 Comments 0 dave u is offline Edit Tags
Old

Sephton Farm, Burscough, Jun 09

Posted 09-25-2009 at 10:57 PM by dave u

I ended up at Sephton Farm quite by chance. I'd planned a day's fishing at my usual haunt, Platts Lane in Burscough, only to find out that they had a match on there and it was closed to the public for the day. I'd driven past Sephton Farm a few weeks earlier, and called in to have a quick look. So with Platts Lane not an option, I jumped in the car and drove the extra ten minutes down the road to Sephton Farm.

Upon getting there I had a choice of two lakes. There's a small lake...
Administrator
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 23708 Comments 0 dave u is offline Edit Tags