Go Back   Forums > Blogs > dave u
Register Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Rate this Entry

Pendle View Fishery, nr Clitheroe, August 09

Posted 09-25-2009 at 10:56 PM by dave u

I fished the match lake in August 2009, and although it poured down with rain pretty much the entire day, I had an enjoyable time and caught some nice fish. I had four carp between 4-8lb, as well as bream, tench and even a perch. All were caught on meat ledgered in the margins. My dad fished the waggler in the margins, and had four carp between 6-10lb, three of them on meat and the other on corn.

It's a terrific place, the staff are extremely friendly and helpful. At one point the rain got so bad that my stepson and his friend had to go and sit in the car, but his friend (on only his second fishing trip) left his bait dangling in the margins. When he returned, his 5m pole was being dragged around the lake by a hefty sized carp. Every time it got within range of the bank, it took off again as soon as the landing net hit the water.

In the end, one of the staff (it may even have been the owner) got his waders on and walked in to retrieve it. The fish wasn't happy and took off as soon as he picked the pole up, and it snapped the line. We were just glad to get the pole back!

I hope to return here one day to have a crack at the main lake, and I would recommend it highly to anyone thinking of fishing here.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 22391 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments