Go Back   Forums > Blogs
Register Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old

Goosewood Holiday Park, York, June 2012

Posted 06-23-2012 at 09:07 AM by dave u

I stayed at Goosewood for a couple of days but didn't get to fish it too much. The first night I was there I noticed no-one on the lake was catching anything. It was all bivvy's, bite alarms and heavy duty carp gear, no-one seemed to be float fishing and most weren't even sat next to their rods. I decided to just set up a float rod and have a little try with rubber worm and a rubber maggot until I could get some bait the next day. With everyone else fishing for carp I figured I might be able to...
Administrator
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 176666 Comments 0 dave u is offline Edit Tags
Old

Rosemary Wood, Lydiate, Merseyside, May 2012

Posted 05-23-2012 at 05:30 PM by dave u

Tough day here today. I hadn't been able to get out fishing at all so far this year, but the weather this week was meant to be glorious so I decided I had to make time to get out there. Wasn't a good day though, the sun was nowhere to be seen and when I got there I noticed the carp were spawning, which is obviously not good.

So, having dressed for what I thought would be a relaxing day in the sunshine I ended up sat there freezing as a biting wind swept across the lake into my face,...
Administrator
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 81651 Comments 0 dave u is offline Edit Tags
Old

Lloyds Meadow Fishery, Mouldsworth, Chester

Posted 05-17-2012 at 02:47 PM by odris
Updated 05-17-2012 at 03:20 PM by odris

Fished here last Tuesday on the middle lake, after coming over Runcorn bridge it's only about a 20 minute drive. I got there about 6:30am and had the choice of all the pegs, I fished one not far from the further of the 2 islands as I've had a few good days on that peg. I fished using the Drennan method feeder using 8mm pellets on the hook and 2mm dynamite bait for the method feeder.

I was using my Drennan red range 11ft tip rod. The day started off quite well with a couple of smaller...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 50729 Comments 0 odris is offline Edit Tags
Old

Rosemary Wood, Lydiate, Merseyside

Posted 07-09-2011 at 10:28 PM by dave u

Just back from fishing on Moss Lake. Got there about 2.30pm and fished until 8.00pm. It was an enjoyable day, I caught 8 carp in total and lost a couple more.

I fished here last year using light tackle and maggots, hoping to get some nice roach and skimmers. It was fairly quiet that day, nothing to write home about, but the lake came to life late in the day and I was snapped three times in quick succession by carp in the margins. The bailiff told me afterwards that the carp...
Administrator
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 84549 Comments 0 dave u is offline Edit Tags
Old

Mescar Lakes, Greens Lane Pond, Lydiate, Merseyside

Posted 07-01-2011 at 02:12 PM by dave u

Having fished Mescar Lake previously, I decided to give the smaller water - Greens Lane Pond - a try. It was an awful day, as I clearly got my choice of swim badly wrong. It was windy, but there was a little bay area in the swim nearest the car park that was sheltered from the wind and had lots of tree roots in it that I assumed would be an attraction for fish.

I tried the feeder to start with, with double red maggot on the hook. I then switched to the waggler to see if that brought...
Administrator
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 89425 Comments 0 dave u is offline Edit Tags