UKCF Sponsored Links
Navigation
TESTING 123
Support UKCF
If You Like This Website, And Would Like To Give Something In Return, You Can Make A Donation. Your Donation Will Be Used To Pay For Hosting Service, Domain, And Maintenance Costs Only!

$

Select Your Donation Amount And Then Press The Donate Button.

Go Back   Forums > Listing of UK Fisheries > Yorkshire
Register Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2010, 05:32 PM
Administrator

UKCF is on a distinguished road
Default Bakers Ponds, Newport, East Yorkshire

Address - Baker Pools, Thimblehall Lane, Newport, East Yorks
Tel: 01430 440 799
SatNav
Ticket Prices - £4 one rod, £5 up to three rods
Stock - Mixed coarse, including carp, tench and crucians

This former gravel pit is very well kept and maintained. A number of pegs are suitable for disabled anglers. The water is lined with good tree cover and also offers good features in the margins to target such as lilies and overhanging bushes. It is also very deep in places, and these can hold the fish when the temperature drops. An excellent place that gets the attention it deserves, especially at the price.

The water covers about 2 1/2 acres in total and is fishable from all sides. The water has a number of shelves all the way down and whatever the target, it is always wise to try and get the bait next to one.

The carp are worth targeting as they go up to 32lb, and are frequently taken on boilies. It is definitely not a water to pile the bait in though, as you will feed them off quickly.

The water holds some specimen crucians to over 3 1/2 pound, as well as bream to nearly 6lb and tench to over 4lb. There are also a number of pike present - the best approaching 20lb.

Day Tickets £4.00 or £5.00 for 3 rods. Fishing from sun up to sun down. No nuts or beans. Keep noise to a minimum.

To get here, take the M62 and at junction 38 come off and take the B1230 to Newport and Gilberdyke, when you get to Newport you need to find Thimblehall Lane on the right, The owners house is a white bungalow and the water is just behind on the right hand side.

There are two other ponds that can be fished too. You can read more on this venue at the excellent Yorkshire Fishing website.
All the information provided on UKCF is correct to the best of our knowledge. If there are any errors, please let us know and we will correct them. Also, if you own or know of a fishery that we have not listed, get in touch.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:48 PM
Administrator

dave u has disabled reputation

Spent a day fishing here in July. I started off fishing the margins next to some lilly pads using pellets. It's a very deep water, even close in it's at least six feet deep. I wasn't getting anything with the pellets, so switched to meat. Nothing doing there either. In the end, I opted for the maggot feeder and targeted a spot about twenty yards out.

Straight away I started catching skimmers and roach. The idea was keep hitting the same spot, get plenty of maggots in there via the feeder and hopefully the bigger fish would eventually move in. Never happened though, the smaller fish kept coming, and in the end the feeder wasn't even hitting the bottom before they were taking the bait.

There was a guy fishing a few pegs up from me who bagged two lovely bream. He'd no sooner landed one of them when his other rod went, and he ended up with two of them in the same landing net. Lovely fish, at least 5lb each, probably more. That was all he caught though, and it was a slow day.

He did say that the deeper water is best for the big carp and that's what he was targetting. He said he's had several 20's out of this lake, but that he's never seen any tench caught in the middle of the lake, they're always caught in the margins. Not by me though, I didn't have a sniff in the margins.

Tags
bakers pools, east yorkshire, newport