UKCF Sponsored Links
Navigation
TESTING 123
Support UKCF
If You Like This Website, And Would Like To Give Something In Return, You Can Make A Donation. Your Donation Will Be Used To Pay For Hosting Service, Domain, And Maintenance Costs Only!

$

Select Your Donation Amount And Then Press The Donate Button.

Go Back   Forums > Listing of UK Fisheries > Yorkshire
Register Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2010, 11:27 PM
Administrator

UKCF is on a distinguished road
Default Lakeside, Pocklington, East Yorkshire

Address - Lakeside Caravan & Camping, Pocklington, East Yorks
Tel: 01430 440 799
Email:Richard@lakesidewebsite.com
SatNav YO42 4JP
Ticket Prices - £7 adult, no u16s allowed
Stock - Mixed coarse, including carp, tench and rudd

The water can be a little tricky at times and there is a knack to catching the fish here. It is a single lake covering 6 acres in total. There are lots of marginal features and also islands and reeds to fish to.

Fishing is from flagged pegs, with many of them suitable for anglers with disabilities. There is secure car parking, toilet facilities and snacks available for purchase. Towards the island you get approximately 15 feet of water to fish from. With trees surrounding the water it can also be a good winter venue.

The water holds a good head of fish. The roach are fin perfect and a lot of them are approaching the 1lb mark. Rudd are also present 2 1/2lb being the best. There are also very good carp (20lb+) for the taking as well as a lot of stockies.

Tench are hard fighters and come out approaching the 9 lb mark on a regular basis. There is a shoal of bream that patrol and if they find the bait you will pull fish of 2 - 3lb out with fish to double figures present.

If you can get the fish in close enough then the pole will score well. There are also chub stocked with fish to 3lb, Perch to a pound and a half, and a good head of crucian carp to 3lb. Ide are stocked with better fish to 5lb.

Day tickets for none residents £7, 1 or 2 rods. residents £6, 1 or 2 rods. Water open from 7.00 am till 9.00 pm or dusk whichever the earlier. No under 16's allowed. Barbless hooks only. No fish above 3lbs to kept in keepnets and after 6 hours nets must be emptied. No floating bread.
All the information provided on UKCF is correct to the best of our knowledge. If there are any errors, please let us know and we will correct them. Also, if you own or know of a fishery that we have not listed, get in touch.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:27 PM
Administrator

dave u has disabled reputation

This is a lovely place to fish. Very picturesque lake, extremely well kept pegs with plenty of room and soft ground to get umbrella's, bank sticks etc in, and some big fish to target.

I fished here one evening whilst on a camping holiday in Pocklington. We got there just after 4 o'clock, meaning we only had to pay a fiver. It was raining, and I broke my rod rest whilst setting up. Things got worse when I made my first cast and the end section of my rod snapped in two! It had obviously cracked when I was packing it in the car, and I was devastated as this was my favourite rod. Not a good start, but things could only get better, right? Wrong.

I started off using the maggot feeder, whilst my brother in law opted for the waggler with sweetcorn on the hook. I managed a few skimmers and roach before switching to pellet to try and target some of the bigger fish and hopefully nab a big tench or carp in the margins.

My brother in law had only managed a couple of small roach, and we were getting close to the 9pm closing time. Then he struck into something big only for his line to snap almost immediately. He had a 5lb hooklength and it snapped at the barrel.

I was having no luck in the margin swim I'd baited next to some reeds, but I didn't see the point of switching now so stuck it out til the end. Five minutes before I was due to pack up, the rod tip swung round and I felt the weight of what was almost certainly a double figure carp. It made it's way into the reeds and I couldn't get it out, within about 15 seconds it had snapped my line too.

We made our way home disappointed, and I was left to mourn the death of my favourite feeder rod and contemplate yet another one that had got away.

Lovely place though, and I'd love to go back there one day.

The campsite is very reasonably priced, but no under 16s are allowed on the site either to fish or to camp. Payment is made before fishing, by putting money into an envelope and into a box in the hut in the car park.

Tags
east yorkshire, lakeside, pocklington