Go Back   Forums > Blogs > dave u
Register Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Rate this Entry

Leisure Lakes, Tarlton, August 09

Posted 09-25-2009 at 10:52 PM by dave u

I fished here at the start of August 2009. I had intended having a go for some of the huge carp that are in here, but upon arriving in the car park I realised I'd left my carp rod at home.

So I just went with the quiver tip, and fished maggot on the feeder, hoping to attract some of the big roach I'd been told were in here. Initially all I was getting were small perch, but it wasn't long before I was getting bigger perch. Nothing special, around the 3/4 of a pound mark I'd say, but I was getting them regularly and was getting a bite a chuck.

I was starting to get a bit fed up of them though, especially as they kept swallowing the hook, so I put in a full bag of Van Den Eynde red groundbait, which is apparently supposed to attract bream, tench and carp. Still, the only thing I was getting were perch!

Eventually, I managed to hook something other than a perch, it was a small, but perfectly rounded crucian. It really was a beautiful looking fish, and I hoped there would be more to follow. But once again I was pestered by perch, so I opted to have a go with luncheon meat, and eventually pellets. That resulted in two hours with no bites at all, until the rain became too heavy to fish comfortably and I packed up and went home.

I was told by the owner that a few days before a fella had a 29lb carp out of the next swim to the one I fished, and she also reckoned fellas had been bagging up on quality roach using vanilla flavoured corn. I'll probably give that a go next time I come here.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 20907 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments