Go Back   Forums > Blogs > dave u
Register Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Rate this Entry

Rosemary Wood, Lydiate, Merseyside, May 2012

Posted 05-23-2012 at 05:30 PM by dave u

Tough day here today. I hadn't been able to get out fishing at all so far this year, but the weather this week was meant to be glorious so I decided I had to make time to get out there. Wasn't a good day though, the sun was nowhere to be seen and when I got there I noticed the carp were spawning, which is obviously not good.

So, having dressed for what I thought would be a relaxing day in the sunshine I ended up sat there freezing as a biting wind swept across the lake into my face, and whatsmore the fish weren't biting either.

I caught two small carp (about a pound a half to two pound) and lost a couple of others, but it was hard going. People were catching on the other side of the lake, but both myself and the fella in the swim next to me struggled. I was using hair rigged luncheon meat, and tried it on the bomb and also had a go on the float too. Both fish I caught were on the ledger.

The spawning carp were at it all day, splashing around in the margins and their activity resulted in loads of line bites but they weren't interested in feeding. As I was packing up I spoke to a guy a bit further up and he'd had a much better day than me. He bagged half a dozen carp, the biggest being around 10lb and he also an 8 and a couple of sizes. He was using lobworm, so I may give that a go next time I'm here.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 81649 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments