PDA

View Full Version : Milkhope Lake, Cramlington

UKCF
06-14-2009, 11:56 PM
<table align="centre" border="0" cellpadding="0" height="142" width=""><tbody><tr><td height="134" width="260">http://www.ukcoarsefishing.net/locations/northeast/milkhopelake.jpg</td><td height="134" width="">
Address - Milkhope Lake, Cramlington, Northumberland
Tel: 07729784660
Email: mail@wacac.me.uk
Ticket Prices - Season Tickets & Memberships Only
Stock - Mixed Course including Carp, Tench, Roach and Golden Orfe. </td></tr></tbody></table>

As you walk down the wooded path, birds flitting from branches above you and rabbits running out of your way, you could be forgiven for thinking that you'd stumbled onto a nature trail and had missed the turning for Milkhope, but then, as you look up and see the splash of sunlight on its still waters you realise that you have found a true paradise.

Set in the grounds of the Blagdon estate, Milkhope is a gem. An old estate lake, Milkhope is the pond every angler dreamt of finding as a boy. Set in woodlands rich in both flora and fauna, the water presents a glimpse into an historic world.

For those interested in fishing, and believe me, you don't have to be to appreciate the exquisite beauty of this water, it teems with a variety of species traditionally stocked into estate lakes. Golden Orfe and Ide can be seen gliding across the surface, chasing under lily pads and circling the three islands in the centre of the lake. As you sit still you see carp arching their backs and breaking the surface, taking flies or a piece of bread, before moving on their ponderous way. Suddenly the water boils as tench, large, red-eyed and powerful, root about in the shallow water below, filtering the rich food through their gills. A faint splash of gold catches your eye as a crucian carp rolls on the surface.

Take your time when you go there, breathe in the atmosphere, and let the peace of the water envelope you and take you away from the stresses and strains of life. Don't be hasty, enjoy every minute, this is a venue to savour.